Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
of Wine World Tours (hereafter referred to as WWT. It is important to read details carefully. WWT accepts reservations subject to these General Conditions.
Prices are quoted in US Dollars. WWT reserves the right to
change prices for any reason. Prices will not be changed after final and full payment has been received by WWT. Prices do not include taxes and applicable fees unless specified.
DEPOSITS, RESERVATIONS & FINAL PAYMENT
- Land package. A deposit of US$500 per person is due and payable by Bank Check when reservations are initiated. There is an administration charge of US$100 per person in case of cancellation.
- 50% of remaining cost of the tour is due within 14 days of the initial reservation. The balance is due 70 days before date of departure.
- Reservations made within 70 days of departure must be accompanied by full payment.
- Funds not received within 72 hours of due date will constitute cancellation of the entire reservation.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
WWT accepts payment by certified Bank Check or credit card. If you pay by credit card, there is a 3 % cost of tour cost amount charged to cover merchant bank credit card processing fees. If you wish to make payment by personal check, your payment must be received 10 days prior to all the scheduled payment dates mentioned herein.
AIRLINE TICKETING / CANCELLATION
Most airfares used separately and in conjunction with WWT land packages are based on Advanced Purchase Excursion Fares and are subject to applicable cancellation penalties and the rules and regulations imposed by each airline. If you cancel your reservation a cancellation fee will be imposed by the airline of up to 100%. Any deviation from the set itinerary may also affect the airline, and you will be responsible for payment of any increase in the airfare should you change the set
itinerary. After the ticket has been issued, any change requiring ticket re-issue , such as a change in airline dates, routings, stops, or change to the passenger name(s) provided to WWT not being exactly the same as the name(s) in the passport will be assessed a $100 change fee plus any change and cancellation penalties charged by the airlines. The airfare excludes Taxes and Fees such as : US Departure and Arrival Taxes, Inspection Service Fee, Civil Aviation Security Fee, September 11 Security Fee, Fuel Surcharges and international landing and departure taxes. You are responsible for paying such additional Taxes and Fees. Air fares have separate cancellation fees as applied by the airline which are in addition to WWT fees and beyond the control or responsibility of WWT.
LATE BOOKING FEE
A US $150 fee may be levied on bookings requested within 21 days prior to departure to cover communication costs and overnight document delivery fees.
AMENDENTS TO CONFIRMED BOOKINGS
After confirmation has been received by the passenger there is a
US$100 amendment fee each time an itinerary is revised. No amendments will be made until a deposit is received. Amentments made after documents have been issued will incur a US$ 150 fee to cover courier costs, communication costs, and additional time to co-ordinate the changes.
The following cancellation fees will apply on land arrangements based on time before departure that cancellation is advised to WWT...
- 100 Days or more before departure - US$100 per person
- Between 40 and 99 days - 50 % of total cost
- Between 39 days and departure date - 100 % of total cost
REFUNDS & UNUSED SERVICES
Travel arrangements cancelled, amended or altered within 24 hours of your
departure or once travel has been commenced do not qualify for any
refund whatsoever, whether part of a package vacation or individual components, nor can components be
substituted for alternative arrangements. Unused services are non-refundable.
PASSPORT - VISAS
All passengers require a valid passport and, in some cases, a visa. It is the passenger's
responsibility to have a valid passport and the required visas for the countries being visited. WWT accepts no responsibility if you do not have the correct documentation for your journey.
EXCLUSIONS or WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Items of a personal nature such as: laundry, drinks, telephone fax or email connection charges, visa and passport fees and purchase costs, vaccinations, meals not specified, non-wine alcoholic beverages, wine not specified, personally ordered wines if consumed in place of wine specified and/or provided on the tour, graturities (unless specified), any other costs not specified in the itinerary or elsewhere in writing and foreign and domestic departure taxes ( if applicable ).
Accommodation will normally have en-suite bathrooms with toilet, shower and / or tub. If such accommodation is not available we will use our best ability at the earliest opportunity and
make appropriate arrangements. Share twin accommodation is based on two single beds or one double bed
as provided by the hotel. Hotels provide triple accommodation generally with a twin or double-bedded room and one rollaway bed at additional charge. Single room accommodation must be booked by people wishing to travel alone. Special requests such as non-smoking rooms and floors or king size beds cannot be guaranteed.
You the passenger are responsible for advising us of any special arrangements you have and it is your responsibility to advise of any changes to such arrangements. It is your responsibility to advise WWT in writing of any medical condition that in any way may affect your ability or any member of your traveling party to undertake the travel arrangements that you have purchased. In addition you must provide WWT a letter from your personal physician stating the nature of your medical condition certifying that you are physically fit to undertake the travel arrangements as purchased and to request any special arrangements considered necessary. Without such written notice WWT accepts no responsiblity for special requirements not provided. Some products provided may require you to take medical examinations. You may also be required to show these documents to certain overseas suppliers. It is your responsibility to carry such documents with you throughout you entire vacation journey.
Wine World Tours purchases transportation, accommodation, restaurant services, and other services from various independent suppliers that are not subject to it's control. WWT CANNOT, THEREFORE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OR ANY OTHER SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTAL DAMAGES that may occur due to (a) intentional, wrongful or negligent, or arbitrary acts or omissions on the part of a supplier, it's employees and others not under the direct control of WWT, or (b) defects or failures of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality under the control of independent suppliers. In addition WWT cannot be liable for any delays in departure or interruption of your vacation arrangements caused by weather conditions, technical problems of any aircraft, vessel, automotive vehicle or other equipment or instrumentality, strikes, war, terrorist activities, civil commotion, or any causes beyond the control of WWT. In no event will WWT be responsible for incidential, consequential or special or incidential damage or loss suffered by any person. WWT's maximum liability, for any reason whatsoever, will be the amount paid to WWT for it's services. In issuing tickets for transportation of the purchaser by any means, and making arrangements for hotel or other accommodation, WWT is not acting as a principal but only as an agent for the companies, corporations or persons providing or offering the means of transportation, accommodation
and others services. To the extent WWT shall not be acting as an agent, as stated above, it shall deemed to be acting as an agent of the purchasers in arranging or booking transportation and accommodation. Airlines and other transportation providers (e.g. motor coach operators / rental car operators) are not liable for any detention, delays, loss, damage, sickness or injury, however or by whomever caused, during the time the passengers are not on board their airplane or conveyances. The contract of carriage used by such
transportation providers when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the transportation providers and the purchaser of these vacation arrangements.
Wine World Tours strongly recommends you purchase travel insurance providing coverage for loss of
deposit, cancellation fees, medical expenses, lost baggage, and other potential travel-related losses under certain circumstances. Such insurance MUST be purchased within 14 days of your initial travel reservations and purchases. The scope of coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
- "Registration as a seller of travel does not constitute approval by the State of California". The following and the conditions of our itinerary details, are the conditions upon which the contract between us, as the seller of travel services and the passengers may be canceled. Upon the cancellation of the transportation or travel services, where you, the customer are not at fault and have not canceled in violation of the terms and conditions, if any, of the contract for transportation or travel services, all sums paid to WWT for services not received by you will be promptly refunded by WWT to you unless you otherwise advise WWT in writing.
- We are required under California law to advise you of the following. For passengers located in California only, in the event of WWT's default, you may be eligible for a refund up to US$15,000 from the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund. If you were located in California at the time of your purchase, you may have a right to make a claim against the fund for a refund of any money paid to WWT that is due because of a WWT bankruptcy, insolvency, cessation of operations, or material failure to provide the transportation or travel services sold. The claim must be filed within six months after the completion date of your travel. For claim form and additional information, write to: Travel Consumer Restitution Corporation , P.O. Box 6001, Larkspur, CA . 94977-6001.
- California law also requires that the following statement be made to customers located outside of California at the time of purchase. "This transaction is not covered by the California Travel Consumer Restitution Fund . You are not eligible to file a claim against the Fund in the event of WWT's default".