Croatia: Coast & Sea Adventure
Croatia: About the Wine Region
The entire history of south Croatian County of Dalmatia is historically tied to winemaking, starting as far back as 1000 years BC.
For a long time, wine growing and winemaking has been a foundation stone of Dalmatian economy. The whole surface of Dalmatia is tightly knitted with vineyards, but the areas under vines differ in wine varieties, and surprisingly enough amongst them, you can find also, a previously thought to be Californian wine, Zinfandel – locally known as Tribidrag. The grape’s history can be traced in the Dalmatian region dating back to the 14th century AD; Time when Zinfandel/Tribidrag was one of the most prominent grapes in the entire Adriatic; thus making Zinfandel/Tribidrag more than 800 years old prominent Dalmatian wine.
Although the story of Zinfandel’s origin is an intriguing one, and every visitor to the region should do its best to discover, it wouldn’t be possible to narrate the story of Dalmatian wines without a taste of Plavac mali, Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Syrah, or Posip.
8 days / 7 nights wine tour of South Croatian Coast, From Dubrovnik to Split with two nights on Motor Yacht, and island of Hvar
Meeting at Dubrovnik airport
transfer to Hotel*****
Full day in Dubrovnik
10 AM – Private Guided tour (2.5 hrs) of Old town of Dubrovnik with visit to city Walls
Dinner at Michelin star restaurant in the Old town of Dubrovnik
9.45 AM – Pick up at hotel / Leaving Dubrovnik / Clients ready with all of their luggage
Full day Wine tour of region of “Peljesac”
Cross to Island of “Korcula”
Dinner in gourmet island restaurant in the heart of the Old town
Overnight at island Hotel ****
Free morning in Old city of Korcula
11 AM – Pick up at hotel / Leaving Korcula / Clients ready with all of their luggage
Full day on Motor yacht Yacht with stops for swimming (island Scedro)
Overnight on yacht in marina or bay (Milna)
Morning arrival to city of Hvar
1 PM Wine tour of island Hvar from city of Hvar
Dinner in winery
Overnight on Yacht in marina or bay on Hvar
Morning Arrival in Split untill 12.00
Transfer / Check in Hotel**** in Split
4.30 PM city tour of Old town of Split
Dinnner in Old town restaurant
Overnight in Split Hotel
Free morning in Split
1 PM wine tour, and historic city of Trogir / Dinner in winery
Overnight in Split Hotel
After breakfast check out Hotel with all luggage
Transfer to the Split airport
- Transfers – from and to airports/hotels
- 5 days chauffeur & bi-lingual driver – wine expert guide with commentary
- 5 days use of private vehicle (car, SUV or van) with fuel.
- 7 nights in 5, and 4 Star accommodation
- 7 breakfasts.
- 1 Brunch with Oysters, shells, ad wine
- 2 lunches – one at winery.
- 6 dinners – one a Michelin-starred experience, one with cooking class, and one at winery
- 2-3 artisan visits – cheese production, saltworks, and pastry.
- 2 Private guided City tours (Dubrovnik, and Split)
- 8 winery visits
- International Airfare
- Meals and wine not stated as included.
- Personal items: tips, taxes, laundry /dry cleaning, and liquor not stated as included.
Rate is per person, double occupancy.
- 2 travelers – $5,295 during May, June, September & October and can be as low as $4,399 pp with 4 passengers and $3,867pp with 6 passengers.
- 2 travelers – $5,395 during July & August and can be as low as $4,564pp with 4 passengers and $4,035pp with 6 passengers.