Croatia: Sailing Adventure
Croatia: About the Wine Region
The entire history of south Croatian County of Dalmatia is historically tied to winemaking, starting as far back as 1000 years BC.
For a long time, wine growing and winemaking has been a foundation stone of Dalmatian economy. The whole surface of Dalmatia is tightly knitted with vineyards, but the areas under vines differ in wine varieties, and surprisingly enough amongst them, you can find also, a previously thought to be Californian wine, Zinfandel – locally known as Tribidrag. The grape’s history can be traced in the Dalmatian region dating back to the 14th century AD; Time when Zinfandel/Tribidrag was one of the most prominent grapes in the entire Adriatic; thus making Zinfandel/Tribidrag more than 800 years old prominent Dalmatian wine.
Although the story of Zinfandel’s origin is an intriguing one, and every visitor to the region should do its best to discover, it wouldn’t be possible to narrate the story of Dalmatian wines without a taste of Plavac mali, Cabernet Sauvignon, Red Syrah, or Posip.
5 Star Sails & Wine Adventure: 9 nights, 10 days on the South Croatian Coast, and islands (including visits to Split, and Dubrovnik)
As you step onto the boat, the busy world that you’re so used to starts to fade away, and you gain a profound sense of deep joy, oneness with nature, the sea, and the wind. The horizons expand, but your focus narrows on what really matters in life. So why not step in this world with a glass of exceptional Croatian wine?
The Adriatic Sea, one of the most peaceful and transparent of the Mediterranean, is the very place for sailing under full sail. Hop from island to island in the Split, and Dubrovnik archipelago mooring in bays or natural shelters, and discovering hidden, and ancient island vine cellars, and amazing local wine, and culinary culture. Visit the famous Blue cave on the island of Vis, and moor at the amazing islands Hvar, Mljet, and Korcula.
Apart from these joys, only those adventurers who have tasted the joys of wind, salt, and sea can understand, you will also be spending some amazing time, prior and post embarkment in cities Split, and Dubrovnik in five-star hotels. Enjoy magical culinary adventures experiencing the wonders both of busy local markets, and Michelin star-rated restaurants.
- Transfers – from and to airports/hotels
- 7 days sailing on luxury yacht hire with crew (skipper, chef, stewardess, wine & cruise director)
- 6 night overnight at luxury yacht with crew (skipper, chef, stewardess, wine & cruise director)
- 3 nights in Hotels 5 & 4 Boutique Star accommodation (2 nights Dubrovnik and one in Split)
- All meals on yacht +
- 3 extra Dinners with wine in top restaurants (one Michelin star restaurant, one Michelin recommendation restaurant, and one at Exclusive hilltop winery)
- Guided Split City Food tour with meals
- 2-3 artisan visits – cheese production, saltworks, olive oil production, and pastry
- 6 winery visits plus 3 wine tasting dinners
- Two half days use of private vehicle (car, SUV or van) with fuel for winery tours
- One visit with tickets for entrance to Mljet national park
- International Airfare
- Meals and wine not stated as included.
- Personal items: tips, taxes, laundry /dry cleaning, and liquor not stated as included.
Pricing depends on time of travel, selection of Monohull or Catamaran yacht and yacht size (berths).
- Hause 588 – 6 berths
- Jeanneau So 49 – 6 berths
- Lagoon 450 – 8 berths
- Lagoon 42 – 6 berths
- Lagoon 560 – 8 berths
- Bali 5.4 – 8 Berths
- Lagoon 620 – 10 berths
- Lagoon 77 – 8 berths
- Sunset 60 – 8 berths
- Lagoon 50 – 12 berths
- Bali 4.8 – 12 berths